Greetings all, I’m sending this out to all those who came to our last meeting ..and more. Thanks Sara, for taking the minutes March 24th. We got lots done at that meeting, setting dates for offerings, setting up a routine/rotation for Moments for the Planet and Moments for Mission in worship, scheduling Hygiene kits, learning about POP speaker series coming up – and we began a discussion about setting goals, choosing programs to focus the work of the Board. Our next meeting will be May 5th after church. Hope to see you all there. Tentative agenda follows:
May 5 Agenda:
• Re-visiting our Vision for who we are as a board
• Focusing our work: Looking at a comprehensive list of all we do and picking priorities for the remainder of the year. Part of the goal: Organize our work so opportunities to participate are clear to members of the congregation and anyone new who comes.
• Scheduling the rest of the offerings for the year.
• Discussing formation of an advocacy group that can participate “showing up” publicly to express our values – advocating for the planet and/or for vulnerable folks in our community.
• El Cerrito One World Festival booth on July 4